Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
You're Not Buying That House Are You?:
As real estate sales continue to drive the economy, the interest in buying homes in all categories continues to expand. Whether a first or second home, for investment or vacation, purchasing real estate remains the biggest expenditure most consumers will make. The responsibilities, decisions, and paperwork can make homebuying seem overwhelming.
Frank Cook is the perfect guide through these complexities. You're Not Buying That House Are You? tackles issues with both a sense of perspective and a sense of humor. More than just another ""how to buy a home guide,"" Cook shares the foibles and tribulations of others and lets would-be buyers learn by observation-a far less painful process than learning from experience.
Cook provides an inside look at the transaction from all perspectives. For instance, what does the banker do while the loan is being processed and the buyer is setting up the inspection? This step-by-step process helps readers:
* Evaluate the pros and cons of owning versus renting.
* Consider the best type of property for their needs.
* Identify the cast of characters and what those letters mean next to theirnames.
* Understand the financial profile ""on paper.""
* Learn the basics about homes, neighborhoods, and inspections.
* Take a good look at the neighborhood: Is the home located in a flight path, near train tracks, or on a flood plain?
* Get practical secrets to negotiate, close, move in, and make friends with the neighbors.
Complete with a sample timeline for a move and all the resources to streamline the process, this guide to buying a house will show real people how to make their home buying transactions smooth and trouble-free.