Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Find and compare hundreds of millions of new books, used books, rare books and out of print books from over 100,000 booksellers and 60+ websites worldwide.
The Colonial Heritage of Latin America
ISBN 0195012925 / 9780195012927 / 0-19-501292-5
Publisher Oxford University Press, USA
› Find signed collectible books: 'The Colonial Heritage of Latin America'
Colonial Latin America provides a concise study of the history of the Iberian colonies in the New World and their preconquest background to the wars of independence in the early nineteenth century. Now thoroughly updated in this seventh edition, Colonial Latin America is indispensable for students who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the fascinating and often colorful history of the cultures, the people, and the struggles that have played a part in shaping Latin America.
* Provides a comprehensive and well-balanced account, covering all aspects of life--political, social, religious, economic, military, and cultural
* Offers an inclusive discussion of all groups and strata of society--including slaves and women--and a nuanced discussion of race, class, and gender
* Superbly written, making it readable for any audience
* Presents solid scholarship--this is the most current and authoritative book on the market
New to this Edition
* Reorganized coverage of the imperial crisis and Independence Era is spread out over three chapters and incorporates all of the major new scholarship in these areas
* New discussion of the Haitian revolution and its regional significance
* Expanded discussion of the African influence on early colonial development [via]