Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Find and compare hundreds of millions of new books, used books, rare books and out of print books from over 100,000 booksellers and 60+ websites worldwide.
Texturing & Modeling:
Congratulations to Ken Perlin for his 1997 Technical Achievement Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science Board of Governors, given in recognition of the development of "Turbulence", Perlin Noise, a technique discussed in this book which is used to produce natural appearing textures on computer-generated surfaces for motion picture visual effects. Dr. Perlin joins Darwyn Peachey (co-developer of RenderMan(R), also discussed in the book) in being honored with this prestigious award.
* Written at a usable level by the developers of the techniques
* Serves as a source book for those writing rendering systems, shaders, and animations.
* Discusses the design and implementation of noise functions.
* Contains procedural modeling of gases, hypertextures, mountains, and landscapes.
* Provides a toolbox of specific procedures and basic primitive functions for producing realistic images.
* Procedures are presented in C code segments or in Renderman shading language.
* 3.5" disk contains the code from within the book for easy implementation