Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
One Night Stands His
ISBN 0688013996 / 9780688013998 / 0-688-01399-6Find This Book
- In 1921, a bankrupt H.L. Hunt won his first oil well in a game of five-card stud.
- Women were in such short supply in Louisiana in 1721 that the government of France shipped twenty-five prostitutes to the colony.
- U.S. Grant was arrested, while President, for speeding in his horse carriage.
- Lord Cornbury, a governor of New York from 1702 to 1708, was a transvestite.
- J. Edgar Hoover refused to allow people to walk on his shadow.
These and other remarkable facts are recorded -- and documented -- in this fascinating treasure trove of little-known facts about American history. Based on exhaustive research, this irreverent collection will startle, amuse, entertain, and inform -- and every word is true.[via]