Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Interpreting Official Statistics
ISBN 0415108365 / 9780415108362 / 0-415-10836-5Find This Book
Interpreting Official Statistics examines the official statistics produced about the current state of British society. It documents some of the ways in which information has been suppressed, manipulated and misinterpreted since 1979. This invaluable guide is designed to help students know what figures are available, and to discover when and how politicians are misusing statistics.
Data sets covered include:
* Households below average income
* Administrative and survey methods of unemployment and crime
* Population census data on ethnicity
* Data sources on women and work
* Data on the relationship between class and health, and safety at work
* New data sources on disability
* Labour Force Survey.