Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Find and compare hundreds of millions of new books, used books, rare books and out of print books from over 100,000 booksellers and 60+ websites worldwide.
International User Interfaces
ISBN 0471149659 / 9780471149651 / 0-471-14965-9Find This Book
Leading authorities from around the world discuss the latest topics in international user-interface design.
With most major companies in the computer industry depending on exports for 50 percent or more of their sales, user-interface design teams face a major challenge in making their products both useful and accessible to the global marketplace. It is no longer enough to simply offer a product translated in ten to twenty different languages. Users also want a product that acknowledges their unique cultural characteristics and business practices.
In International User Interfaces, Elisa del Galdo and Jakob Nielsen head a team of acknowledged international authorities who confront some of the problems currently facing international user-interface developers, including:
* International Usability Engineering.
* Developing a Cultural Model.
* Arabization of Graphical User Interfaces.
* Managing a Multiple-Language Document System.
* An Intelligent Lexical Management System for Multilingual Machine Translation.
* A Chinese Text Display Supported by an Algorithm for Chinese Segmentation.
* Breaking the Language Barrier with Graphics.
* Cultural Issues That Can Affect Training [via]