Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Find and compare hundreds of millions of new books, used books, rare books and out of print books from over 100,000 booksellers and 60+ websites worldwide.
How to Use Journals and Logs Across the Curriculum
by Jill Norris
ISBN 1557996024 / 9781557996022 / 1-55799-602-4
Publisher Evan-Moor Educational Publishers
› Find signed collectible books: 'How to Use Journals and Logs Across the Curriculum'
Here is a resource can be applied to many areas, because it helps children build the skills of recording and organizing their thoughts, observations, and experiences. Teaching ideas are presented on how to get students started with logs and journals, as well as how to evaluate them. Many reproducible forms and an evaluation checklist are included.
Teacher information and reproducible forms for five variations of journals and logs:
* Reading Response Journals -- capture students; reactions to books and track their reading
* Writers' Logs -- a place to store ideas, feelings, words, and imaginings to use in later writing
* Learning Logs -- summarize learning, how a student feels about it, and help students to become aware of their personal learning processes
* Dialogue Journals -- interactive conversations in writing; encourage students to express themselves in informal ways
* Field Notebooks -- record of observations, reactions, and questions taken about learning experiences outside of the classroom
Brief background page on the historical use of journals included. Helpful, humorous line art illustrations throughout. All 64 pages perforated for easy removal. [via]