Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Flash MX ActionScript:
Get the Edge on Flash ActionScript from the Designer's Perspective
As a professional web designer you want to use ActionScript to add interactivity to your Flash creations. But previous books on ActionScript have assumed you have a programming background, leaving out key details in order to cover a lot of ground. In the process many designers and other professionals new to programming have been left behind.
Flash MX ActionScript: The Designer's Edge fills these gaps, using a consistently visual approach that emphasizes conceptual illustrations and color charts. These are complemented by interactive tutorials on the book's companion website. Best-selling author J. Scott Hamlin and multimedia instructor Jennifer S. Hall make everything from fundamentals to high-end techniques accessible by truly teaching you how ActionScript works, not just presenting code.
Key topics you'll learn about include:
* The Flash MX interface to ActionScript
* Programming mouse interactivity
* Writing and reusing ActionScript
* Coding core animation techniques
* Working with text fields
* Doing the math: Creating curving paths with trig functions
* Handling object collisions and other gaming techniques
* ActionScript drawing techniques
* Encapsulating reusable code with ActionScript components
* Debugging and troubleshooting your ActionScript [via]