Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Find and compare hundreds of millions of new books, used books, rare books and out of print books from over 100,000 booksellers and 60+ websites worldwide.
Evolution: An Introduction
ISBN 0198549687 / 9780198549680 / 0-19-854968-7
Publisher Oxford University Press, USA
› Find signed collectible books: 'Evolution: An Introduction'
This book introduces what is essential and exciting in evolutionary biology. It covers the whole field and emphasizes what the important concepts are. Care has been taken to express complex and stimulating ideas in simple language, while the frequent examples and running summaries make reading fun. Each chapter follows logically from the next, so that the book can be read straight through, one chapter per sitting.
· Concise, clear, and states what is important
· Concentrates on the central concepts and illustrates them with telling examples
· Running summaries in the margins make navigation easy
· Suitable for a one-semester or one-year course in evolution
· Summaries at chapter ends
· Each chapter's connections to neighboring chapters are explained
Evolution: An Introduction takes a fresh approach to classical topics such as population genetics and natural selection, and gives an overview of recent advances in hot areas such as sexual selection, genetic conflict, life history evolution, and development. [via]