Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Find and compare hundreds of millions of new books, used books, rare books and out of print books from over 100,000 booksellers and 60+ websites worldwide.
Librarians face myriad copyright dilemmas every day, and as copyright law evolves and new interpretations emerge, libraries play a key role in representing the public in the copyright debate. But how do new copyright laws affect traditional services and new virtual reference user services? What must librarians do to ensure that staff and patrons fully exercise copyright exemptions, like fair use? Offering a wealth of information on library copyright concerns in a vibrant, highly accessible format, Complete Copyright is a must-have resource for your library. ALA copyright expert Russell provides clear, user-friendly guidance for both common copyright issues and latest trends, including the intricacies of copyright in the digital world. Through real-life examples, she also illustrates how librarians can be advocates for a fair and balanced copyright law.
This guide will help you to:
* Address complex copyright issues through the use of real-life library scenarios
* Understand when permission is necessary when using copyrighted licenses
* Keep up-to-date with recent copyright legislation including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and the Technology, Education and Copyright Harmonization Act (TEACH)
* Recognize the benefits and the pitfalls of the new digital copyright law
* Develop copyright presentations and workshops
* Discuss copyright law and fair use with legislators, administrators, library boards, and other decision makers
Featuring the illustrative work of graphic novelist Jessica Abel, Complete Copyright offers a cast of engaging characters who guide librarians on an exploration of copyright complexities through a range of everyday situations.
With a full copyright glossary of terms and legal case studies, along with a fun, plasti-coil binding for ease of usage, this is the comprehensive guide to the fundamentals and subtleties of U.S. copyright law written specifically for your library. [via]