Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Find and compare hundreds of millions of new books, used books, rare books and out of print books from over 100,000 booksellers and 60+ websites worldwide.
Boundary Value Problems, Fourth Edition
ISBN 0125637349 / 9780125637343 / 0-12-563734-9
Publisher Academic Press
› Find signed collectible books: 'Boundary Value Problems, Fourth Edition'
Boundary Value Problems, Fourth Edition, continues to be the leading text on boundary value problems and Fourier series. The author, David Powers, has written a thorough, theoretical overview of solving partial differential equations by the methods of separation of variables. The text is comprised of five comprehensive parts which include: a prerequisite summary of ordinary differential equations, Fourier series, and solving linear partial differential equations by separation of variable methods, by Laplace transform methods, and by numerical methods. Professors and students agree that the author is a master at creating linear problems that adroitly illustrate the techniques of separation of variables used to solve science and engineering problems.
* New section on Error Functions in Chapter 2
* New section on Applications of Legendre Polynomials in Chapter 5
* Provides the most comprehensive treatment of The Potential Equation
* Detailed coverage of Laplace Transform
* Presents Numerical Models in Chapter 7
* Addition of about 75 new exercises, including problems from current engineering literature with authentic parameter values [via]