Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Find and compare hundreds of millions of new books, used books, rare books and out of print books from over 100,000 booksellers and 60+ websites worldwide.
Basic Lighting Worktext for Film and Video
ISBN 0240800850 / 9780240800851 / 0-240-80085-0
Publisher Focal Press
› Find signed collectible books: 'Basic Lighting Worktext for Film and Video'
Basic Lighting Worktext for Film and Video guides the film and video student through a series of readings, exercises and projects designed to provide the fundamentals of light science. In addition to up-to-date descriptions of equipment and tips on how to use it properly, the book provides numerous set-ups that illustrate the techniques and thoughts behind proper studio and location lighting.
From this book, you will learn:
* The fundamentals of light and electricity in film
* The fine distinction of lighting for video versus lighting for film
* How to identify and filter sources such as daylight, tungsten, fluorescent, arc, HNI and industrial discharge lamps
* The use of lensed and open-faced lighting fixtures
* How to modify with barndoors, scrims, snoots, nets, cookies, and other accessories
* Variations on the basic three-point lighting setup
* The duties of each member of a lighting unit
* How to light night exteriors, day interiors, and campfires
* High-key, low-key, and modulated value lighting
* How to scout locations, plan lighting, plots, and pre-rig sets [via]