Founded in 1997, BookFinder.com has become a leading book price comparison site:
Find and compare hundreds of millions of new books, used books, rare books and out of print books from over 100,000 booksellers and 60+ websites worldwide.
Applied Operating System Concepts
ISBN 0471365084 / 9780471365082 / 0-471-36508-4
› Find signed collectible books: 'Applied Operating System Concepts'
Applied Operating System Concepts is the first book to provide a precise introduction to the principles of operating systems with numerous contemporary code examples, exercises, and programming projects. Written by the leading authors in the field of operating systems, this book capitalizes on the power of Java(TM) technology to allow students to work with executable code for examples of core concepts. Features of Applied Operating System Concepts
* Presents real code examples using the Java programming language
* Uses Java technology to introduce difficult concepts like processes, process synchronization, and semaphores
* Describes the role of threads in modern operating systems and Java, and provides the opportunity to write multithreaded programs
* Introduces up-to-date distributed operating system topics (e.g., Java's Remote Method Invocation, CORBA, RPC) in one concise chapter
* Includes chapter-long case studies of UNIX, LINUX, and Windows NT(TM)
* Provides a Java Primer appendix [via]