Clinical Companion for Foundations of Maternal-Newborn Nursing
by Sharon Smith Murray , Emily Slone McKinney, Trula Meyers Gorrie
ISBN 1416001433 (1-4160-0143-3)
Find This Book
› Find signed collectible books: 'Clinical Companion for Foundations of Maternal-Newborn Nursing'
Clinical Companion for Foundations of Maternal-Newborn Nursing is a hands-on, accessible reference for students and practitioners in the clinical setting. Its outline format provides at-a-glance coverage of antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum care of women and infants, as well as childbearing complications and women's health. Step-by-step descriptions of common procedures in maternal-newborn nursing, reference tables for specific medications, and patient-family teaching tips are included.
- Concise outline format allows brief yet thorough coverage of antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum care of women and infants.
- Step-by-step procedures are presented for all aspects of maternal-newborn care.
- Important physical changes that occur during labor are summarized.
- Drug Guides outline indications, adverse reactions, and nursing considerations for the most commonly used medications, making a separate clinical drug reference guide unnecessary.
- Clinical Tips suggest practical communication techniques and recommend effective ways of interpreting and responding to client and family statements and behaviors.
- Numerous tables highlight key information related to the childbearing process, including normal values of common laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Handy size makes the book easy to carry in the pocket of a lab coat for quick reference.
- Content has been thoroughly updated in key areas, including infertility, sexually transmitted infections, and women's health.
- Critical-to-Remember boxes highlight vital nursing concerns, such as danger signs during pregnancy, behaviors associated with substance abuse, and facts about HIV.
- Patient & Family Teaching Tips help the patient and her family understand routine nursing care, complications, and procedures.
- A new appendix provides information on herbal and botanical preparations and their risks for use during pregnancy and lactation.
- A new community and home health care appendix lists resources that may be useful to the patient and her family.
More editions of Clinical Companion for Foundations of Maternal-Newborn Nursing: