From DNA to Diversity: Molecular Genetics and the Evolution of Animal Design
by Sean B. Carroll, Jennifer K. Grenier, Scott D. Weatherbee
ISBN 0632045116 (0-632-04511-6)
Find This Book
› Find signed collectible books: 'From DNA to Diversity: Molecular Genetics and the Evolution of Animal Design'
From DNA to Diversity represents the definitive synthesis of the new material on developmental genetics and evolutionary biology. Written by the most respected, author team, this text will be the monumental work for shaping the field.
- Focus on those genes, developmental processes and taxa best known and that best illustrate general principles - Keeps the book simple and useable in class.
- Two parts: developmental genetics and regulatory mechanisms and second, delineates possible genetic mechanisms of evol. change and examines evolution at different genetic and morphological levels - Builds understanding logically.
- Case study approach of best understood examples - Provides in depth focus on concepts.
- Four colour illustrations and photographs - Abstract theoretical becomes realistic.
- Chapter summaries and references - Provides textbook style help for students.
- Glossary - Helps both students and professionals unfamiliar with common terms in genetics, developmental biology and evolutionary biology.
- Premier authorship: Dr. Carroll is the pioneer in the field and the newly elected president of Society for Developmental Biology.
More editions of From DNA to Diversity: Molecular Genetics and the Evolution of Animal Design: