Order zuppa di pesce at an Italian trattoria! Take a ride on il motorino! Say "Buon giorno" to your nuovo amico italiano!
Learning italiano is fun--and far easier than you might think. Americans already know many Italian words, like soprano, al dente, and graffiti! With this guide you will make sense of this fascinating language in no time.
This practical, hands-on libro comes with easy-to-understand lessons, useful exercises, and a CD for pronunciation help. Building on the Italian language's close relation to English, this all-new edition covers everything from basic introductions to verb conversions. You will learn to:
Whether you want to sample frutti di mare or converse with your grandparents in their native tongue, you'll soon discover just how easy it is to learn la bella lingua italiana.
- Vorrei una bistecca. Order food with ease.
- Che ore sono? Ask someone for the time.
- Ho amici buoni. Use adjectives to communicate more effectively.
- Si parlano italiano e francese in Svizzera. Know when to use passive voice.
This edition includes completely new material on:
- An audio CD, with a pronunciation guide and interactive exercises
- Updated Italian-English dictionary and verb charts
- Learning from updated examples