Practical Taxonomy of Angiosperms presents the subject in a systematic manner with well labelled diagrams and flow charts. A sincere effort has been made to make this book more informative and useful by covering all the important aspects of the subject.
Spread in five chapters it deals with:
- Morphology of angiosperms where terminology used in taxonomic description of plants is arranged alphabetically-under subheads stem, leaves, flowers etc.
- Taxonomy of angiosperms. Principles of taxonomy, handling of an artificial key to a flora and diagnostic features of common angiospermic families.
- Description, systematization and identification of 84 plants of 44 families of angiosperms.
- Brief account of 143 plants of different families.
- Comparison of allied common angiospermic families in tabular form.
- Economic importance of 106 familiar plants.
- Differences between allied terminology (e.g. phyllode, phylloclade, silqua & siliqula.) are presented in tabular form.
- Artificial key to the common families of angiosperms.
- Upgraded standard of practical exercises on plant taxonomy.
Contents: Morphology of Angiosperms / Taxonomy of Angiosperms / Description & Identification of angiospermic Plants / Comparison of Some Allied Families of Angiosperms / Economic Botany / Further Reading / Appendix / Glossary of common Words (Greek and Latin Roots) / Some Curiosities / Botanical Riddles / Viva Voice / Index