Introduction to Health and Safety at Work has been developed for the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, accredited by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority, and closely matches the syllabus. The successful first edition has also found ready acceptance for other NVQ level 3 and 4 courses in Health and Safety.
As an introduction to all areas of occupational safety and health the book will also be useful to managers and directors with health and safety responsibilities and safety representatives. It covers the essential elements of health and safety management, the legal framework, risk assessment and control standards.
New in this edition:
* Chapter on international aspects and standards (including ILO and OHSAS 18001), making the book suitable for overseas courses such as the NEBOSH International Certificate
* Study skills chapter offers more support for students who return to study
* Updated throughout in line with changes in the regulations, including the Fire Safety Order
Phil Hughes MBE, MSc, FIOSH, RSP is a former Chairman of NEBOSH (1995-2001) and former President of IOSH (1990-1991) and runs his own consultancy. He received an MBE for services to health and safety and as a director of RoSPA in the New Year's Honours List 2005.
Ed Ferrett PhD, BSc (Hons Eng), CEng, MIMechE, MIEE, MIOSH is the Vice Chair of NEBOSH and a course manager for NEBOSH courses at Cornwall Business School of Cornwall College. He is a Chartered Engineer and a health and safety consultant.
* Student-friendly presentation in full color packed with illustrations and photographs
* Revision questions taken from recent NEBOSH examinations to test your knowledge
* Includes a summary of the main legal requirements, useful for both students and managers [via]