Slovene: A Comprehensive Grammar is a complete reference guide to the contemporary language.
This is the first comprehensive grammar of the language to be published in English, and is an ideal reference source for learners and users of Slovene at every level: independent learners, university and college students, and professional linguists.
This volume is systematically organized to enable students to find information quickly and easily, and to provide a thorough understanding of Slovene grammar.
Features of this book include:
* thorough descriptions of all parts of speech
* jargon-free explanations
* numerous examples from contemporary sources
* clear distinction between written and spoken usage
* emphasis on Slovene as spoken in the capital, Ljubljana
* bibliography of works relating to Slovene
* full index
Slovene: A Comprehensive Grammar reflects the richness of the language and is an essential purchase for all students of Slovene.