The latest edition of this best selling book on supervision updates and expands the previous two editions with references to the developments and writing in the field over the last six years.
Since the publication of the previous edition, supervision has continued to spread from the professions of counselling, psychotherapy and social work, into all medical professions and more recently into education, coaching, mentoring and human resources management. This book provides relevant information for people working in all of these fields.
The seven-eyed supervision model which is at the core of the book has been expanded and developed to reflect its use in many professions and different parts of the world. The authors have also incorporated view points from other academics who have constructively observed the model.
The authors have added a number of new approaches, models and techniques to this new edition, including:
The extensively updated and enlarged book provides key reading for professionals across the social care and helping professions, as well as those working in Education, Coaching and HR.
- New techniques for supervising in groups
- The CLEAR model for structuring the process of a supervision session
- How to adapt supervision to learning styles
- How to use video and interpersonal process recall in training supervisors
- New material on research and action research in supervision
- Expansion of the chapter on working transculturally to include analysis of the challenges of working with asylum seekers and refugees