Book summary: Introducing a revolutionary new series that combines dynamic, multi-layered visuals with stimulating and accessible text plus easy-to-follow cross references. The result enables readers to chart their own paths of discovery through a range of high-interest nonfiction subjects. Each path is completely unique, and readers can choose a new path every time they pick up the book.
Superb photographs and vibrant, varied color graphics enliven every page. The lively text, written to stimulate young imaginations, has been checked for accuracy by experts from such institutions as the Smithsonian and the American Museum of Natural History.
More than "museum tours in books," these kid-friendly guides offer a true hands-on approach to learning.
Open Dinosaurs and slip back through time on a journey to the prehistoric world of these amazing creatures. Kids can start by learning just what makes a dinosaur a dinosaur, then read straight through to the end and puzzle over why they disappeared from Earth. Or they can follow their own interests! If they want to read about some of the scariest meat-eating dinosaurs, they can jump straight to "Tough Guys" and move through the book from there.
Each of these features is found on every spread:
* VISUAL SECTION OPENER stimulates curiosity.
* INSIDE STORY puts a human face on important scientific discoveries.
* HANDS ON describes fun projects and activities.
* WORD BUILDERS explores the fascinating history of words and phrases
* THAT'S AMAZING! highlights extraordinary facts and figures.
* PATHFINDER provides cross-references to other spreads.
Dimensions (inches): 9 1/2 x 13 1/4