Explore a riveting collection of scientific theories, first-hand experiences, and spine-chilling stories that beg the question: Is there a parallel world that we can?t see?
For centuries people have reported odd occurrences that defy explanation. And a fascination with the mystical still exists today. Movies such as Ghost and The Sixth Sense and TV shows like The X-Files entertain our curiosity with the unexplained. The six expert authors of Unseen World will guide you through a wide spectrum of mysterious events. With the help of eyewitness accounts, more than 100 black-and-white photographs, and ?Bare Bones? sidebars?which provide practical definitions of supernatural phenomenon?you will discover a range of claims and counterclaims by sleuths and university professors alike, who have explored the possibility of a nonphysical realm of living spirits. You?ll even discover some hoaxes and frauds along the way.
Five information-filled sections will reveal:
* The spiritual: Mediums, reincarnation, spirit guides, séances, trance speaking, clairvoyance, and psychic and absent healing
* The paranormal: Near-death experiences, hypnotic regression to past lives, prophecies and predictions, déjà vu, intuition and coincidences, and dream interpretation
* The scientific: discoveries and experiments for parapsychology, auras, electronic voice phenomena, thoughtography, and extremely low-frequency (ELF) magnetic fields
* The psychic: psychokinesis, telepathy, remote viewing, eyeless sight, dowsing, psychic surgery, spirit divination, fortune-telling, palmistry, tarot reading, and voodoo
* The haunted: apparitions, ghost hunters, famous sites?Amityville Horror, Gettysburg, Burlington in Ontario, Canada?poltergeists, possession, exorcism, and necromancy>BR>
Whether you?re simply curious or seeking answers, Unseen World will bring you closer to understanding our quest to solve the unknown.