Treatment of Edentulous Patients, 1e
by J. Fraser McCord DDS BDS RCS(Edin) C(BIOL) MI(BIOL), Philip W. Smith, Nicholas Grey
ISBN 0443073074 (0-443-07307-4)
Find This Book
Softcover, Churchill Livingstone
› Find signed collectible books: 'Treatment of Edentulous Patients, 1e'
Although the number of edentulous patients has dropped dramatically, the problems associated with dentures have become much more demanding for the average primary care dentist. This textbook describes the problems associated with edentulousness and assesses the range of treatment modalities available. An ideal companion to McCord's Missing Teeth: A Guide to Treatment Options that deals with the problems of partially edentulous patients.
- Focuses on the problematic aspects of the treatment of edentulous patients to address this increasingly important area.
- Discusses anatomical changes and patient perceptions of edentulousness.
- Covers the full range of treatment modalities available, describing their advantages and disadvantages.
- Discusses the evidence base for treatment.
- Presents case histories that illustrate the range of problems that can occur.
- Assumes a knowledge of the basics of complete denture prosthodontics in order to examine complications and specific considerations that may result from treatment.
- Illustrated in color throughout to clarify important points.
More editions of Treatment of Edentulous Patients, 1e: