Students will head into fall more confident of mastering the challenges that await, thanks to the engaging exercises contained in Daily Summer Activities, Moving from Third to Fourth Grade. As someone who has already tried the series said:
"Ryan liked Daily Summer Activities and loved marking off his progress. This was an easy way to do something really good for my son." - Parent of Fourth Grader, Monterey, CA
Specific content in this volume includes: - a fiction and a nonfiction story with comprehension questions each week
- sentences to correct for capitalization, punctuation, and grammar
- 10 spelling words to learn each week
- mathematics practice-multiplication and division facts, word problems, two-and three-digit addition and subtraction with borrowing and carrying, dividing by one digit, multiplication by one and two digits, fractions, graphing
- language skills such as alphabetical order, contractions, parts of speech, synonyms, antonyms and homophones
- geography-map symbols and map reading
- cursive handwriting practice
- creative writing activities
"The Planet Mars," "A Great Civilization" (the Aztecs), "A Wonder of the Sea" (octopus), "Nocturnal Animals," "A Busy Trip," and "What's Wrong with This Picture?" are just a few of the topics that students will analyze and review.
The practice cards for Daily Summer Activities, Moving from Third to Fourth Grade are for the multiplication and division facts through the nines.
The color and black & white illustrations in this book are clever, with the right amount of detail. They serve to highlight the more complex lessons appropriate for this age group. Colorful answer keys included.
All 144 pages, plus eight flash card pages (printed on durable card stock), are perforated for easy removal. $14.95 each.