ICD-9-CM Coding: Theory and Practice
by Karla R. Lovaasen , Jennifer Schwerdtfeger
ISBN 141600050X (1-4160-0050-X)
Find This Book
Softcover, W B Saunders Co
› Find signed collectible books: 'ICD-9-CM Coding: Theory and Practice'
This comprehensive guide is your key to understanding and applying the official codes of the ICD-9-CM. With complete overviews of all three volumes of the ICD-9-CM, this practical resource provides both detailed information on the importance and background of medical coding and thorough guidelines for each of the coding classifications. Clear examples demonstrate the coding process, and exercises within each chapter test your comprehension, giving you everything you need to code accurately and provide essential support to the health care facility.
- ICD-9-CM guidelines open each coding chapter, providing easy access to essential material.
- Full-color design and illustrations make material visually engaging and emphasize important anatomic and physiologic content.
- Examples of proper coding practices demonstrate application of concepts and reinforce key narrative information.
- Problem-solving and line coding exercises throughout each chapter reinforce principles as you learn.
- Coding Clinic references validate material and point you to additional supplementary resources for enhanced study.
- Full coverage of new CMS Severity-Adjusted DRGs.
- Information on the evolution of coding enhances your understanding of the current industry.
- A chapter on the medical record identifies the components of medical records essential for your coding responsibilities.
- Clear, logical learning objectives in each chapter help you study more efficiently.
- Coverage of DRG and documentation enhances each specialty chapter for a more thorough understanding.
- Evolve Resources website provides expanded learning opportunities with content updates and links to additional sources of information.
More editions of ICD-9-CM Coding: Theory and Practice: