"What are the most important elements of a business plan?"
"How can I afford the time and money to train my employees?"
"Where do I turn when my company gets into trouble?"
In this no-nonsense guide, you'll find bull's eye answers to these and a hundred other questions you're bound to ask as you launch, develop, and grow your business. Jim Schell, a grizzled veteran of four successful start-ups, helps you avoid the common pitfalls and adapt proven strategies to your company's needs. He shows you how to find the capital you need, create a working environment that lures and keeps the best employees, and develop management skills that are crucial to continued growth.
You'll also learn:
- What makes a successful entrepreneur
- How to manage your inventory
- When and whether to grow, sell, or merge a business
- How to generate a network
- What to look for in an accountant, lawyer, consultant, and mentor
ENTREPRENEUR Magazine is the banner publication of the Entrepreneur Magazine Group. It has the largest newsstand circulation of any business monthly with a total ABC audited circulation of 410,000. Jim Schell has written two previous books about entrepreneurship and management. He has owned and managed four successful sportswear and sporting goods businesses.
Also available from the Entrepreneur Magazine library:
- The Entrepreneur Magazine Small Business Advisor
- Guide to Integrated Marketing
- Making Money with Your Personal Computer
- Small Business Legal Guide
- Starting an Import/Export Business
- Starting a Home-Based Business
- Successful Advertising for Small Businesses