Greenhaven Press's first multi-volume encyclopedia covers a perennial topic for students and adults alike. In four volumes, A History of the Third Reich is a comprehensive, easy-to-read reference on the Nazi regime.
Written by historian Jeff T. Hay of San Diego State University in consultation with Christopher R. Browning, Frank Porter Graham Professor of History at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, this thoroughly researched work is uniquely organized to make writing paper topics easier for students. Each volume is cross referenced with others to allow students to quickly see relationships between volumes and subjects. A History of the Third Reich combines Greenhaven's known strengths in content, research, and the importance of examining a wide variety of sources in a traditional multi-volume set. Other features include:
- A thorough timeline that includes events around the world
- A comprehensive bibliography of books, articles, and important websites
- Detailed maps offer visual information on a wide variety of topics, including major battles and offensive plans, and pre- and post-war comparisons
- Archival photographs
- Charts and graphs give a quick visual reference for statistical information
- Hundreds of excerpts from primary sources