Often referred to as a companion volume to Wells' wargaming classic Little Wars, Floor Games is H.G. Wells' 1911 introduction to recreational gaming. Highlights include a lighthearted, often humorous discussion on the theory and methodology behind a wide variety of "floor" and tabletop games. Features of this new edition include:
* A Foreword by renowned game designer James Dunnigan, founder of game company SPI and magazine Strategy & Tactics, that discusses Wells' influence on the development of the modern wargame.
* An Introduction by publisher Michael. J. Varhola that discusses the fist edition of the book, the special challenges associated with republishing it, and its significance to modern wargames and roleplaying games alike.
* Numerous tips on creation of improvised models, terrain, and other wargaming props.
* Hundreds of pieces of the "marginal art" that illustrated the original 1911 edition of the book.
* Eight photographs taken for the original edition of the book showing the props and games created by Wells and his sons.