Here's your handbook to Nortel VPN Router
If you're a beginning-to-intermediate-level networking professional, this guide lays the groundwork you need to establish and manage your network with VPN Router. Everything is here-hardware, software, laboratory set-ups, real-world examples, and, most importantly, advice gleaned from the authors' first-hand experiences.
From understanding the equipment to deployment strategies, management and administration, authentication, and security issues, you'll gain a working knowledge of VPN Router. You will explore tunneling protocols, VoIP, troubleshooting, and exercises to help you apply the Nortel VPN Router in your own environment. This book prepares you to handle the project and provides a resource for future reference.
Manage the complexities of Nortel's VPN Router
- Review the newest networking standards
- Become acquainted with all the tools in the Nortel VPN Router portfolio, and apply them to your organization's needs
- Deploy a VPN Router in a Small Office or Home Office (SOHO) network or a large corporate network
- Learn to apply security features such as a stateful firewall, Network Address Translation (NAT), port forwarding, and user and Branch Office Tunnel (BOT) termination
- Establish security for VoIP and roaming wireless connections
- Explore the Nortel VPN Client software, supported platforms, installation and configuration information, and basic VPN Client concepts
- Maximize the effectiveness of your Nortel VPN Router solution