Solve the MYSTERY of how to write and sell a KILLER story!
&break;&break;With the help of interactive exercises, mystery author and crime fiction critic Hallie Ephron gives you the momentum you need to turn a kernel of an idea into an intriguing mystery novel. You'll learn to capitalize on your writing strengths and shore up your weaknesses.
&break;&break;This comprehensive guide covers every aspect of mystery writing, including:
&break;&break;&break;&break;By the time you finish reading part one of this book, you will have a blueprint for your entire story. Parts two and there take your blueprint from idea to well-polished novel. Part four is an insider's guide to getting it into an agent's or publisher's hands. [via]
- planning, twisting the plot, and constructing a credible surprise ending&break;
- creating a compelling sleuth and a worthy villain&break;
- deceiving and revealing with red herrings and clues&break;
- writing investigation, spine-tingling suspense, and dramatic action&break;
- revising - from sharpening characters, to optimizing pace, to smithing words&break;
- engaging the reader