Asset allocation is an essential component of creating a solid portfolio. This indispensable guide clarifies the where, when and how to begin of asset allocation in plain English. Covering the basics of starting an asset allocation program, it offers sound advice, helpful tips, and practical guidelines - all corresponding to your particular financial situation, whether you're single, married with children, saving for college, or retired. Along with a helpful glossary of financial terms, here is where you will find complete details on:
* Risk - the nature of risk, risk versus volatility, risk/reward trade-off, and the ten types of risk
* Allocation techniques - financial objectives, cash flow needs, and tactical asset models
* Low-, medium-, and high-risk assets - government securities, certificates of deposit, fixed annuities, corporate bonds, futures, commodities
* Mutual funds and asset allocation - selecting funds, added rewards, additional risks
* Maximizing wealth - value approach, re-balancing your portfolio, periodic review
Getting Started in Asset Allocation, authoritative, accessible, comprehensive and completely up-to-date.