The lively style, excellent problems, and balanced coverage of The Law of Debtors and Creditors: Text, Cases, and Problems have made this text one of the leading bankruptcy law casebooks. Honed through six editions, it continues to provide students and professors with an exemplary instructional tool.
Among the attributes that make this casebook a favorite with teachers and students alike:
- more than 50 problem sets --featuring the realistic questions a lawyer considers in confronting the statutory provisions for a bankruptcy case
- explanatory text throughout makes bankruptcy law accessible to students and easier to teach
- organized functionally, as a bankruptcy case would unfold --students find it logical and sensible
- a thematic "mega-problem" appears throughout the book, providing chapter-by-chapter review and integrating elements of all chapters at the end of the book
- consumer bankruptcy is separated from business bankruptcy for clarity, and the text begins with the more familiar consumer bankruptcy
This timely revision has been updated to reflect recent developments and case law and includes:
- coverage of cases resulting from the 2005 Amendments, including consumer bankruptcy, including Chapter 7; Chapter 13, the "hanging paragraph" and means test eligibility
- expanded business law coverage with individualized treatment of small business bankruptcies and their bigger, publicly traded Chapter 11 cousins, emphasizing the rapid changes in the world of reorganization and the first international cases under Chapter 15
- as in past editions, there are problem sets for each subject area in the book, however the sixth edition will have variations of some of the problems available, allowing for more flexibility
Classroom-tested through five editions, revised to keep pace with the most recent developments in the world of bankruptcy, The Law of Debtors and Creditors: Text, Cases, and Problems, Sixth Edition, is an unbeatable method for teaching a practical, animated, and completely state-of-the-art course.
LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO HELP YOU IN BANKRUPTCY? TRY EXAMPLES & EXPLANATIONS: BANKRUPTCY AND DEBTOR/CREDITOR 5E (9780735588516) AND INSIDE BANKRUPTCY LAW 2E (9780735507531) --TWO OF MANY GREAT STUDY GUIDES FROM WOLTERS KLUWER LAW & BUSINESS. [via]