Travel Medicine, 1e
by Jay Keystone, Phyllis Kozarsky, David Freedman , Hans Nothdurft
ISBN 0323025218 (0-323-02521-8)
Find This Book
› Find signed collectible books: 'Travel Medicine, 1e'
A team of international experts examines all aspects of travel medicine - from immunizations and pre-travel advice for adults and children to the essentials of post-travel screening. Over 530 illustrations (and algorithms) facilitate understanding of key concepts and provide quick access to essential information. A CD-ROM - included with the book - presents all of the full-color illustrations from the text in a downloadable PowerPoint format, as well as electronic versions of patient guidelines and patient forms.
- BONUS CD-ROM: features entire text and downloadable illustrations.
- Discusses common travel illnesses including traveler's diarrhea and malaria.
- Addresses environmental problems such as altitude sickness, extremes in temperatures, and sun exposure.
- Explains every aspect of establishing and running a travel clinic.
- Provides practical guidance for patients with pre-existing conditions and special needs.
- Offers full-chapter coverage of today's hot topics: Starting, Organizing and Marketing a Travel Clinic · Insect Protection · Malaria: Chemoprophylaxis · Telemedicine ·Safety and Security Issues · Travel and the Elderly · and Emerging Issues.
- Presents "Practice Points" and case histories for nearly every clinical situation, drawing upon practice-proven experience.
- Includes a glossary of common tropical diseases.
More editions of Travel Medicine, 1e: