A Brief Interview With Mother Murphy, Himself
Q. How did you come up with the idea for Mother Murphy's Law?
Mother Murphy: I spend a lot of time with my children, and it seems that something is always going wrong. I used to think I was a klutzy daddy...then it dawned on me: 1. When I was a kid, everything my parents did was wrong.
2. Now that I'm a parent, everything I do is wrong.
Q. What does Mother Murphy's Law explain?
Mother Murphy: The book is pretty much a catalog of things that can go wrong as you have and raise kids. For example:
- If most of the baby shower gifts you receive are blue, your baby will be a girl.
- Your baby's diaper is wet moments after you've changed her into a clean one...and leakproof diapers aren't.
- your toddler knocks on your bedroom door the moment you're about to have sex...or barges in unannounced at the peak of passion.
- Any food that's good for your child is "yukky"...and any food that's loaded with sugar, salt and fat is "yummy."
- Anything you say or do when you're with your teenager in public will embarrass him.