Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, And Transplantation: A Companion To Brenner and Rector's The Kidney
by Brian J. G. Pereira , Mohamed H. Sayegh, Peter Gerard Blake
ISBN 1416001581 (1-4160-0158-1)
Find This Book
Hardcover, W B Saunders Co
› Find signed collectible books: 'Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, And Transplantation: A Companion To Brenner and Rector's The Kidney'
This expanded and revised companion to Brenner & Rector's The Kidney delivers a new bench to bedside review of the management of patients with end-stage renal disease. Leaders in the field present expert coverage on the physiologic principles and clinical applications of different methods of renal replacement therapy as well as the most recent guidelines from the National Kidney Foundation regarding dialysis. With 4 new section editors, new authors, 50% more content, this new edition constitutes a sweeping revision to this popular text.
- Presents the expertise of distinguished researchers and clinicians in the fields of hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, critical care nephrology, and transplantation.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of clinical management issues of chronic kidney disease and dialysis and transplantation.
- Features illustrations, including diagnostic and treatment algorithms, line drawings, and photographs.
- Includes a complete list of references in each chapter.
- Includes two new large sections-Chronic Kidney Disease and Complications of Chronic Kidney Disease, reflecting the latest advances and management options available.
- Discusses the complications of chronic kidney disease, including medical issues, pediatric patients, inflammation, and other management problems.
- Presents the basics of CKD, including epidemiology, diabetic kidney disease, and the role of the CKD clinic.
- Offers a new section, plus new chapters on acute renal failure.
- Addresses the economics of CKD/ESRD and emerging hemodialysis therapies, such as water therapy.
- Uses a new 2-color design throughout.
More editions of Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, And Transplantation: A Companion To Brenner and Rector's The Kidney: