Strategies for Telecommunications Venture Capital 2008/2009 is an authoritative, insider's perspective on securing venture capital and achieving growth in the telecommunications industry for VCs, entrepreneurs, and industry executives. Featuring managing partners at top VC firms and CEOs of funded telecom companies, these experts provide best practices at all stages of an investment with a focus on raising capital, establishing valuations, determining exit strategies, and structuring deals. From monitoring market trends and spotting opportunities to assessing potential ROI and growing a business, these industry leaders discuss the characteristics that make a good partner, key qualities of a successful CEO, and strategies for achieving revenue and growth targets. These seasoned experts reveal their advice for strategic negotiations, evaluating the economic climate, and determining the risks worth taking. Additionally, the authors offer strategies for building a solid investor base, expanding globally, and navigating market opportunities. The different niches presented and the breadth of perspectives represented enable readers to get inside some of the leading minds of today, as these insiders offer up their thoughts around the keys to successful deal-making in this ever-evolving industry.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Stephen Randall, CEO, LocaModa Inc. "To Go Quickly, Go Alone; To Go Far, Go Together"
2. Paul Longhenry, Venture Capital Investor, The D.E. Shaw Group "An Investor's View: Entrepreneurial Success in the Next Wave of Wireless Innovation"
3. Bret Maxwell, Managing General Partner, MK Capital "Telecom Investing and Some Key Issues to Consider"
4. Kevin Fong, Managing Director, GSR Ventures "The Basics of Telecommunications Venture Capital"
5. Jennifer Tegan, Partner, Cayuga Venture Fund "Successful Strategies for Telecom Startups and Their Investors"
6. Farzad Naimi, Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder, LiteScape Technologies Inc. "Growth and Investment Strategies for Unified Communications Startups"
7. Bo Larsson, CEO, Firetide Inc. "Fueling Business Growth Securing Venture Capital"
8. Bob Plaschke, CEO, Sonim Technologies "Making the Vision (and the Funding) Become a Reality
9. Choon B. Shim, President and CEO, Widearea Systems "Finding the Right Funding Partner at the Right Time"
10. John Edwards, President and CEO, Move Networks Inc. "The Fundamentals of Telecommunications Venture Capital"
11. David Weiden, General Partner, Khosla Ventures "Dealing with Risk and Achieving Success in Telecom VC Investments"
12. Nour-Dean Anakar, President and CEO, Digital Orchid Corporation "Managing Growth and Expansion of a Wireless Media Company"