Community service groups, religious organizations and churches, schools, art studios, dance and music groups, environmental and activist groups - most organizations trying to gain legal nonprofit status don't have the money to pay a lawyer thousands of dollars for help. Fortunately, they don't have to.
In this definitive guide for anyone who wants to start a nonprofit organization in California, corporation expert Attorney Anthony Mancuso shows you step by step how to form and operate a tax-exempt California corporation.
The California Nonprofit Corporation Kit includes complete instructions for obtaining federal 501(c)(3) tax exemption and for qualifying for public charity status with the IRS and provides:
* Line-by-line instructions for completing your IRS tax exemption application
* Instructions and completed sample clauses for preparing Articles of Incorporation
* Ready-to-use Bylaws for membership and non-membership nonprofits
* Ready-to-use Minutes for the organizational meeting
* California's specific nonprofit legal and tax requirements
* The most up-to-date tax and legal information
* All the forms for Articles, Bylaws and Minutes, both as tear-outs and on CD-ROM. * And with this easy-to-use corporate binder format you can keep all the necessary corporate documents and records together in one place to be filled in and referred to over and over during the life of your corporation. It includes:
* A corporate binder with index dividers to organize your documents and records
* 10 membership certificates