Cultural Theory: An Introduction
by Philip Smith, Alexander Riley
ISBN 1405169079 (1-4051-6907-9)
Find This Book
› Find signed collectible books: 'Cultural Theory: An Introduction'
This second edition of Cultural Theory provides a concise introduction to cultural theory, placing major figures, traditional concepts, and contemporary themes within a sharp conceptual framework.
- Provides a student-friendly introduction to what can often be a complex field of study
- Updates the first edition in response to reader feedback and to the changing nature of the field
- Includes additional coverage of theorists from the classical period to include Nietzsche and DuBois
- Introduces entirely new chapters on race and gender theory, and the body
- Considers themes that have become more important in theoretical activity in recent years such as computers and virtual reality, cosmopolitanism, and performance theory
- Draws on theories and theorists from continental Europe as well as the English-speaking world
More editions of Cultural Theory: An Introduction: