This bestselling book will help anyone who is engaged in teaching adults. Whether you are working with groups or individuals, in a formal or informal setting, face-to-face or via distance learning channels, it will help you to develop a relationship with your student learners while increasing your understanding of yourself as a teacher.
The authors examine different aspects of teaching including:
Each chapter contains a series of activities to help you relate what you are reading to your own experiences.
- What is meant by adult learning and what are the main characteristics of adult learners?
- What is the nature of learning and how does theory relate to practice?
- How do teachers plan learning, set goals and objectives and most importantly how does a teacher know when learning has taken place?
Key features of the new edition include:
This popular book is valuable reading for experienced teachers who wish to reflect on and improve their practice. It is also useful reading for those who are new to teaching and workplace trainers.
- New research on unconscious and conscious learning
- Adult learning in formal and non-formal education programmes
- Fully updated and extended activities
- Opportunity for teachers to pause and reflect on their role as teachers